The Akron Area Arts Alliance is seeking a dynamic, collaborative and experienced leader to build the capacity of Summit Artspace as a community arts center through marketing, fundraising, programming, volunteer engagement, partnerships and operational systems. The Akron Area Arts Alliance is a nonprofit organization that operates Summit Artspace, located at 140 E. Market Street in downtown Akron, in conjunction with The County of Summit. Summit Artspace houses a gallery, artist studios, a business center for arts organizations, and event/performance space.
The Executive Director will work with the Board of Directors to develop strategies to achieve goals for organizational performance, with an emphasis on long-term financial stability. Based at Summit Artspace, the Executive Director will build capacity and presence by maintaining an environment of collaboration and consensus, identifying opportunities for sharing resources and executing strategies that expand programs, increase funding, build partnerships, engage volunteers and attract the community.
- Develop collaborative relationships with individuals, organizations and community partners that build awareness, expand programs, engage volunteers and increase funding.
- Increase revenue through effective fundraising strategies that include rentals, program fees, corporate and foundation grants, special events and an annual campaign.
- Develop and execute marketing strategies that increase visibility and attract tenants, visitors and program participants.
- Maintain productive relationships with tenants that lead to shared success in programming and revenue generation.
- Assess effectiveness of existing programs and develop new programs to meet community needs.
- Support effective engagement of board members.
- Develop, recommend and monitor annual budget; ensure adequate financial controls.
- Hire, supervise and evaluate staff; encourage collaboration and high performance.
- Represent Summit Artspace locally, regionally and statewide.
Key competencies: Demonstrated leadership success through strong communications skills, sound judgment, decision making and ethics; ability to collaborate and influence others; planning and execution of strategies; coaching and developing others; and being politically savvy.
Education and experience: Bachelor’s degree required; master’s degree preferred. Five to seven years of experience in management, marketing or related field, preferably with a nonprofit organization. Three years of leadership and supervisory experience necessary. Experience working with leadership volunteers highly desirable. Must have track record of success in developing and implementing strategic initiatives.
Job Requirements: Must hold valid driver’s license and must pass a pre-employment background check. This is a full-time position that requires the ability to work a flexible schedule including evenings, weekends, holidays as necessary. Minimal travel required.
Salary: Commensurate with qualifications.
Application: Inquires, referrals and cover letters/applications may be directed in confidence via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications will be accepted until May 22, 2015.
The Arts Alliance is an Equal Opportunity Employer with a commitment to a diverse workforce.